[Nyéléni] Agroecology at a crossroads, Nyeleni newsletter.

Nyéleni newsletter newsletter-en at nyeleni.org
Tue Dec 13 23:00:55 CET 2016

*EN       Agroecology at a crossroads*
<http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=106>

*The new edition of the Nyéléni Newsletter is now online!*

Agroecology has become a territory in dispute.

While mainstream institutions and corporations for years have marginalized
and ridiculed agroecology, today they are trying to capture it. They want
to take what is useful to them – the technical part – and use it to fine
tune industrial agriculture, while conforming to the monoculture model and
to the dominance of capital and corporations in structures of power.

Social movements, on the other hand, use agroecology to challenge existing
power structures, to resist the multiple attacks on our Mother Earth, and
as a tool for the social, economic, cultural, political and ecological
transformation of communities and territories.

*Their agroecology is merely technical, our agroecology is political.*

*Click here to download the English edition*
<http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=106> or read it directly in the
website at www.nyeleni.org !

For any further information, please contact info at nyeleni.org
*Please circulate it to your contacts!*

--
Emanuela Russo
Coordinator of the international Nyéléni Newsletter

www.nyeleni.org
info at nyeleni.org

<http://www.nyeleni.org>