[Nyéléni] New Nyeleni newsletter on Migration

Nyéleni newsletter newsletter-en at nyeleni.org
Sat Sep 8 16:49:22 CEST 2018

 <http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=129>

*EN        Migration and Food Sovereignty*
<http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=127>

*The new edition of the Nyéléni Newsletter is now online!*

The so-called migration crisis has taken a highly tragic turn. Many escape
due to the violence of the wars of occupation, others do so because of the
disasters of the climate crisis and many more because of the inequities of
this voracious and savage capitalism system.

For our part, the Collective on Migrations of La Vía Campesina proposes to
understand migration as an act of resistance by the dispossessed.

When human beings leave their families, their communities and their lands,
they are challenging the system that has condemned them to disappear as
peasants, as indigenous people, as women, as people of color, as youth, as
another culture, as a community and as a people.

By understanding migration in this way, we recognize in the struggle of La
Vía Campesina the key role of migrants and their potential as actors of
change.

*Click here to download the English edition*
<http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=127> or read it directly in the
website at www.nyeleni.org !

For any further information, please contact info at nyeleni.org
*Please circulate it to your contacts!*

------

Dear Subscribers of the Nyeleni newsletter mailing list,

In the context of new data privacy rules that came into force in European
Union on 25 May 2018, we wish to inform all our subscribers a few things:

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in EU is an appreciable
effort to check the misuse of internet users’ personal online data. We
recognise the importance, significance and necessity of such a law.

We want to assure you that your privacy is of utmost importance to us. The
only data we hold of newsletter subscribers is your email address and your
name (in full or in parts) if you provided this while signing up. We do not
store any other personal data of subscribers and have never shared the
information that we do hold with third parties.

We would like to continue to keep in touch with you. However, if you wish
to stop receiving the Nyeleni newsletter, you are absolutely free to do so.
You can do so by scrolling to the bottom of this email and using the
'unsubcribe' option. In accordance with the GDPR regulation, we delete all
of your private data related to the La Via Campesina newsletter upon
receipt of your un-subscribe request.

Thank you.

--
Emanuela Russo
Coordinator of the international *Nyéléni Newsletter *

www.nyeleni.org
info at nyeleni.org
Follow us on twitter - @infoNyeleni
Follow us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NyeleniNewsletter