[Nyéléni] Nyeleni: Food Sovereignty in an era of authoritarian and fascist resurgence

Nyéleni newsletter newsletter-en at nyeleni.org
Tue Mar 31 15:32:45 CEST 2020

*EN       Food Sovereignty in an era of authoritarian and fascist
resurgence* <http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=143>

*The new edition of the Nyéléni Newsletter is now online!  *

In every region of the world, we are seeing the rise and consolidation of
social, political and cultural forces that are racist, xenophobic,
misogynist, male chauvinist, homo-lesbo-transphobic, anti-pacifist,
antidemocratic and totalitarian.(...)

The authoritarian/fascist regimes that have risen over the past decade are
notably dangerous because of the support they have from astonishingly large
cross sections of their populations and transnational capital, *giving them
the power to polarize and fracture societies, and reverse important, hard
won gains in human rights, civil liberties, and secular, democratic
governance.*

In this edition of the Nyéléni newsletter, we examine the implications of
these political-social configurations for the Food Sovereignty movement.*
We especially highlight how Food Sovereignty is itself a strategy of
resistance against the dangerous wave of extreme authoritarianism sweeping
the world.*

*Click here to download the English edition*
<http://www.nyeleni.org/ccount/click.php?id=143> or read it directly in the
website at www.nyeleni.org !

For any further information, please contact info at nyeleni.org
*Please circulate it to your contacts!*

--
Emanuela Russo
Coordinator of the international Nyéléni Newsletter

www.nyeleni.org
info at nyeleni.org

<http://www.nyeleni.org>